Wednesday 1 May 2019

The Bike
As I lumber down the street on a boiling day I see a beautiful red bike on the side of the road. I walk towards it to see a sign saying “For Free! Be careful odd things will happen to you.” I paid no attention to the sign. I touched the beautiful red bike and I fell to the ground with a “Thump!”
~
Black, that's all I can see. Dark. Cold. Lifeless. Not sure of where I am. Suddenly I catch my breath. Looking around I find myself under my orange duvet covers in my house. As I get up I see the same bike but closer to my house. Terrified of the bike I scramble out of the house and to the supermarket. The coldness of the supermarket fills my body with fear. I see the same bike outside the supermarket. As I wonder how it got there I slip on the slippery floor hurting my bum. I see a sign saying “Slippery floor be careful!” I smirk and turn around only to see people walking on the footpath. I slowly crawl to the glass door and see nothing but mud. Dark. Cold. Blackness. Lifeless.
~

I suddenly wake up under my orange duvet again but with tyre marks on me. I fling my duvet off and run to the closest window. Hearing a piercing noise that was as high as a cats screech and as sharp as a birds tweet I suddenly see the bike. “ARRRR!” The red bike comes out of nowhere somehow jumping at the window. Confused and frightened I run out of the door and away from the house and bike. Black. Scared. Helpless. Lifeless ...

By Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment