Monday 8 April 2019

The Key Hole

The Key Hole

As I lumber down a dark alley way I see a vivid blue and solemn looking door. I am so curious that I take a peek through the old rusty keyhole. All I see is an endless void of darkness. I step back to examine the house but I hear a light sound of nails scratching on a chalkboard. The sound is so putrid that I immediately cover my ears. Suddenly the noise stops and I notice a beaming light coming from the keyhole. As i approach the door once again I slowly bend down. As my eyes find the keyhole I stare through the hole and the light suddenly flicks off. There is nothing to be seen.

I feel a massive clump of butterflies in my stomach but I ignore them and pump up the courage to open the door. As I slowly raise my arm to grab hold of the grimy door handle I hear a loud BANG! I swing open the door and creep along only to hear yet another BANG! As I scavenge around I vaguely make out a flight of stairs.

As I tiptoe over to the stairs the floorboards creak under my feet. As I take my first step I hear light footsteps coming from upstairs. I immediately turn around and go back to the door but unfortunately I can’t make my way through the darkness. As I walk around trying to find the door I bump into something. Only this is not just something but a person.

I feel his cold breath raining down on my face, a deafening scream comes from upstairs. Suddenly he starts to shout  and as he is about to finish he screams “Get out of here!” I faintly make my way around the room trying to find my way out when suddenly I see a bright light coming from the keyhole. I kick open the door and I am free at last.

By Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth. This is a great story. You read the first paragraph and you just can't stop reading.
    Here's a link to our blog come check it out
    http://rakau19.edublogs.org/
    From Hunter =)

    ReplyDelete