Monday 8 April 2019

The Door


I had to go in, it was like I was drawn towards the door. I reached out to grab the rotting handle. Before I even touched it, the door creaked open. I took an uncertain step inside. It was pitch-black. I yelled out “Hello”! (Hello!,Hello!,). The room was so big that things echoed inside. I heard a creaking sound and looked back. The door slammed shut. I tried desperately to open the door, but it was locked. I tried to look for a second exit but there were no windows or any other doors and the walls were made of thick concrete. I searched everywhere, frantically looking for a way out. The atmosphere was cold and chilling and the floor was damp and cave like. I knew it was late. I grew anxious. I banged against the door, desperately trying to get out. Over and over again, I banged and banged and banged, screaming for help. Finally I collapsed on the floor, it was then I knew there was no way out. I was going to die here, if only I hadn’t gone through the door.

By Marley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marley, wow this is such a fabulous piece of work. After reading the first three sentences I was hooked in and could not stop reading this. I cant wait to read more. If you want to check out my classes blog have a look. https://rakau19.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete